Favorite Quotes Shuffle [Read, Refresh, Repeat]

Carrie (1976)

Carrie (1976)Carrie directed by Brian De Palma
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am grossed out by the gratuitous nudity in the opening scene. Even if the actresses aren't actually underage, they're supposed to be playing high school girls. And I'm not saying there shouldn't be nudity or that it doesn't tie in well with the Biblical themes of the story. All I'm saying is that only hetero males would imagine girls' locker rooms to be as explicit as that. In my own experience, even the chicks with hawtest bods™ just want to get the whole ordeal over with as soon as possible and get to the next class. High school locker rooms are not Girls Gone Wild, okay?


Locker room scene aside, I do like Carrie, and it holds a special, nostalgic place in my heart. My mom loves it and randomly chants "Plug it up! Plug it up! Plug it up!" all the time. Also, my mom graduated from high school in 1976, and there's a weird part of me that likes to pretend this was her senior prom, and she somehow made it out alive.



❧ View all my Letterboxd reviews.

Comments